This is it.

NOTE: This is the updated file!

DGR: Ep 391-For Hilden

18 Responses to DGRadio: Ep391-For Hilden

1. Timestamp 1:28:30 — I lost my shit.

Excellent tribute episode, chaps. My wife and I have been giggling along like fools. Heartfelt, and insightful. Thank you, all of you, so much.

Thanks for posting, guys. I look forward to listening.

3. MeatMan says:

I just finished listening. Oh man. That was powerful. I can’t begin to imagine how hard it was for you two to record that, but I thank you very much for sharing it with us. So many tears. So much laughter.

I’ve bookmarked mojomenace.com and look forward to future shenigans there. Also, as a proud backer of “Attack of the Psychedelic Zombies, Man” I want to say thanks to Klaus, not only for reportedly killing it as the movie lead, but for stepping up to help finish the editing.

Lastly, ZomBOOsical live on stage?? Holy shit! That sounds amazing.

4. DangerBoy says:

Damn glad to hear you guys again…. Team Fremont Forever and Ever. :)

5. tribrix says:

I’ve never laughed and cried so much for the same damn show, Fuck! Thank you though. I’m sure I speak for a lot of listeners when I say I needed that show. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like to read your Eulogy John, maybe you could post it somewhere on MojoMenace, though I’d totally understand if you don’t want to.

Hilden’s passing has affected me so much, and I didn’t even “know” him. You are so lucky that you did and I can only imagine how much harder it’s been on you.

Godspeed Hilden and the goodship DGR. You inspire us . . . all three of you (yes even you Moe). Hilden’s antics convinced me to write in the first time, but it was John who convinced me to stick around and it’s only made my life better.

Thank you.

Long live Super the Hardest.

-Tribrix (aka Lenny Timons if anyone wants to connect via facebook or whatnot)

6. Croix22 says:

I loved listening to you guys remember Hilden. It was great re-living all of those moments. I definitely was almost in tears during the ‘pee out your ass’ After Hours clip. Hearing all the testimonials of those who knew him far better than I was certainly tear jerking in a different way. DG Radio ending with that Hilden Christmas Carol just seems too perfect. It ends not with a tearful goodbye, but with a laugh.

I look forward to Super the Hardest. You guys have helped me through some rough times and I will continue to support you keep on broadcasting your wacky antics. Thanks for everything, guys.

7. Tex says:

Awesome, awesome show gentlemen!

I feel like one of the greatest tributes to Hilden was the audio quality. As soon as I heard the intro, it just felt…right. Craig did an awesome job behind the board, though! Sandrich, thank you for recording!

I wanted to say this, and I mean absolutely nothing bad by it, but instead gratitude and admiration – as soon as I listened to Eau de Moe, I thought to myself “if these guys can put this out, I should be able to hobble something together too!” and gave myself a life goal of releasing a 4-5 song EP. Release date: Who the fuck knows. Probably years. But it will be done. It’ll be a 2-4 track Audacity-recorded mess, but it will be done. And I can’t wait.

DGRadio will always hold a special place in my heart, and I can’t wait for Super the Hardest. You have my axe!

8. JBiddle says:

“Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men.”

9. skock says:

Hi guys, just wanted to add my heartfelt thanks for this episode. I laughed my ass off, plus I cried with tears running from my cheeks. Best episode ever…. I will pour one out for Hilden (again)

10. OzinPhx says:

Thanks guys.

Thank you for one final episode, to give us all some sort closure an one final laugh with/for Hilden. We, as fans, certainly hope you grasped how important he was to us as the host of one of the best podcasts out there. I mean fuck, you guys were on for 8 fucking years! And though he is no longer around, I’m sure he will be there to help you on your next grand adventure, “Super the Hardest”. I for one will be looking forward to hearing you guys in the near future. Thank you, again, for DGRadio. You guys rocked it, & Hilden will certainly be missed but he will never be forgotten.

11. StevieTv says:

This was fucking great. Can’t think of many better ways to honour Hilden than with laughter, and maybe a couple tears. It was amazing to listen to you guys over these past few years, and I plan on going back to the beginning to follow the genesis firsthand. I’ll keep up with you guys on mojomenace.com for sure. So thanks so much. I’ll never forget all the great times I’ve had listening to the show. To DGR, and especially to Hilden!

Great tribute guys. So glad you decided to keep going it’s what Hilden would have wanted. Last shot was great!

13. MaoCat says:

First, I’d like to thank you guys for so many amazing years of shock and laughter. Every week you three brought a feeling of magic into my earholes, making dirty jokes, keeping me updated on the various fuck-ups in the videogame market, and introducing golden combonations of good beer and music. However, the real reason we are all here is because of Hilden, the genius that was and will always be the true meaning of this show. This tribute episode brought back some of the best memories that I will always hold dearly in my heart, so in honor of Aaron Hilden, I once again thank you all for the best moments in podcasting history. Forever “The Trifecta of Bullshit”, Team Freemont Live, and Drunken Gamers Radio.

14. muteki says:

Just came across the latest podcast and I am deeply moved. I only knew Hilden by his appearance in the podcast for all the days you have been putting out the wonderful show.
    He will be sorely missed for his unique humor and laughter and I wish all the best for his family and you guys.
    I raise my glass to you! Rock on and thank you, DGRadio!

15. nosomis says:

Hi guys,
    I’m a long time listener (silent) and hidden away in Perth, Western Auistralia.
    Just started listening to your latest episode and was shocked to find out about Hilden.
    He has shocked us so many times before but not to this extent. My condolences to his family and you guys. Such a loss … blub …blub blub. It will be difficult listening to all of this podcast – sure to be a combination of laughter and tears.
    Many thanks for all your efforts over the years,
    Nosomis.

16. frebec says:

This was the way to honor Hilden! Love you guys, the world will be a darker place without Hilden… a true spirit with energy and presence like no other..

i can only dream to have the fraction of the personality as Hilden had.. thank you all for sharing your time and personality’s, you have been an inspiration to many.

My condolences to you, family and friends!

God bless you heathens!! And mad love — The Swede

17. Hangoverlike says:

Thanks for posting and not giving up guys.
    I have a question though, i want to listen to the entire shows again from the 1st episode or so. Where can i find them all for download or to listen online ?