12:05-Discussion Segment: Video Game Pinball
37:11-Retro Review: Virtua Cop (Saturn)
42:10-Lightning Round
56:47-Top Picks
58:23-Show Close

DGR: 12.13.2010

15 Responses to Drunken Gamers Radio: 12.13.2010

1. Tropizm says:

Strange to hear the podcast without Hilden’s magic.

Well, at least they got the microphones plugged in correctly this time.

2. cube says:

And, in this weeks episode of Drunken Gamers Radio, Christmas is ruined for John’s kid.

Look on the plus side, when he goes to therapy in 30+ years, he’ll have this recording to point to.

3. OsakaJack says:

Looong time listener from the Team Fremont days.

I’ve heard pretty crappy audio and pretty badly produced segments over the years. But this was so godawful I turned it off ten minutes in. Then I spent about 30 minutes with my audio settings to see if I could get the volume up and bring Moe in a little better. Then I deleted the file.

Now I gotta wait for the next podcast. I am going hungry, you bastards. I feed off your words like wine pouring from my mother’s breasts!

4. tokengirlstfu says:

I can’t spell anymore. I blame Ryker.

Well at least I can drive and play my DSLite at the same time!

(glad you are OK Token)

6. Gruel says:

Really dug the pinball discussion. I need to play Kirby’s Pinball Land one of these days. I am psyched to hear that Gottileb Collection is coming to XBLA!

I think you guys need to spend more time with the Marvel Pinball add on. Those are all great tables, feature animations that can only be done on video games, and feature innovative play. I really love the reversed flippers in spider man. Also, the Wolverine table is hard as hell with those super cheap gutters.

Yeah, they’re great tables, no doubt. But our impressions were that they didn’t seem to be quite as inventive or fun as the other Zen tables.

9. Ravenlock says:

…I don’t think I realized just how much production work Hilden does for the show on a regular basis.

Buy Hilden a bottle of whatever his favorite is. Because you need that guy. 😉 Good discussion as always, but painful to listen to.

No question, the production is all Hilden’s. But to be fair to Moe, we only found out moments before we were set to record that Hilden wasn’t going to make it, so Moe had to scramble to get shit together. And I’m not sure if you’ve seen the setup we use to record, but it looks like some crazy sound laboratory with racks full of processors, a giant mixing board, and a mess of cables and wires. Over the phone, Hilden walked Moe through a quick-and-easy way to bypass all that stuff and just send the signal to Moe’s temperamental laptop, which loves to crash randomly, and multiple times when it’s doing anything that has to do with audio.

Given the circumstances, it was lucky that we got anything recorded and put out at all.

11. Tex says:

Hilden, you sucked at the lightning round this week…I mean seriously. Also, I can’t wait for the time lord review…you’re going to want to drink heavily. Jumping for orbs while clubbing random enemies…and that damn wild west level…yes I finished this game. Shit I think I’m gonna go play it…

I didn’t mind the audio that much. I had to turn it up louder and there were a few pops, but it wasn’t a big deal to me. Two man shows of DGR are some of the funniest, as each person has more room to flex. I thought this was an especially hilarious one.

13. Tex says:

And Tokengirl, I’ve got a baby blue ’92 Corsica for sale if you want. Give me a flat of Molson and we’re square! Hope you’re ok!

14. tokengirlstfu says:

$5800 worth of body work I don’t have to pay for but thanks Tex. I’m good.

15. tribrix says:

Santa was kind enough to bring me the Williams Collection on PSP. I’ve been playing those old tables off and on all day. Great fun. You’re right about the old arcade menu system. I wish it would stop at some of those video game cabinets between the pinball machines. I’d love to be able to play some of those too.