08:56-Drunk Dials
17:18-Discussion Segment: Mikey Mouse Club
42:55-Retro Review: Hockey! Soccer! (Odyssey2)
44:54-Lightning Round
1:03:43-The Last Shot

DGR: 12.05.2010

6 Responses to Drunken Gamers Radio: 12.05.2010

1. MeatMan says:

The pat down rant reminded me of this hilarious bit on Conan…

Great show, guys. I wanted to mention, to one of your drunk dialers, that Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is a very fun game. I haven’t taken it online yet, but I’ve put a few hours into the single-player and am enjoying it tremendously. If you liked the mechanics to Burnout Paradise, you’ll probably like this.

That said, bear in mind that Gran Turismo 5 and NFS:HP are completely different, so if you’re going to make a choice, think about whether you want a hardcore simulation game or an arcade racer. Personally, I gravitate toward the arcade styles more than the simulations, so GT5 never entered into my equation. If you like arcade racers, though, NFS:HP is a good choice, and was $35 at many retailers over the Thanksgiving holiday (i.e. keep your eyes peeled and you may see its price down again before Christmas).

3. awesomo316 says:

I gotta say I didn’t have as many problems with Epic Mickey’s camera as you guys did.

I honestly can’t think of a game where the camera works perfectly. Hilden you love the Metal Gear series and those games (besides 4 and Subsistence) had awful, awful cameras (I’m a huge fan still though). Resident Evil’s is bad and even Uncharted’s wasn’t perfect. That doesn’t make it right – I’m just saying there isn’t a game with a perfect camera.

The only issue I had with Epic Mickey’s camera is when I’m on higher platforms I can’t move the camera to see what’s below – so I don’t know if I’m going to drop down to a ledge or a river of paint thinner. But if the camera was in a bad position then I would just hit the C button and it locks back behind Mickey. If I did lose health then there were plenty of pickups around for me to get more health and if I died then the game didn’t send me back to far and it didn’t erase the work I had done – I just had to make my way back to where I was when I died and like you guys said, these areas are small so it only takes a few minutes to catch up.

Maybe we’re just playing it differently but I’ve seen a lot of comments made about the camera which originally put me off the game but I’m having a lot of fun with it and have had trouble putting it down.

4. Hemidal GWJ says:

Where’s this weeks DGR? I’m jonesing here, man… hook a brutha up.

Moe’s in charge this week. Not sure what his plan is.

I think he’s taken the file hostage. All I get are cryptic messages from him. I’m not sure if he wants cash or sexual favors to upload it.