06:15-Drunk Dials
26:24-City Builder Review (Wii)
34:21-Retro Review: Moral Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero (N64)
39:33-Five Things
51:20-The Last Shot
52:53-Show Close

DGR: 08.07.2010

9 Responses to Drunken Gamers Radio: 08.07.2010

1. fluffy_nuts says:

good show, just needs a bit more Moe

2. MeatMan says:

Great question from that email about what game you would put into the Smithsonian for historical reasons. My pick for an arcade game would be Space Invaders. It wasn’t the first video arcade game created, but IMO it was the most significant one. My pick for a console game would be Pitfall on the Atari 2600. Again, probably not the first side-scrolling platformer, but a very significant one.

Having had more time to think about that question, I would have to say that for me Ultima II needs to be in there as well. It provided so MUCH more than the consoles of its time and my friend and I played it all the time. It was simple and yet complex and therin lies the beauty of it.

@Fluffy, just like yourself, Moe has very large shoes to fill. :)

4. Ian (DJI) says:

+1 vote for Ryker XL to become the unofficial DGR stunt double podcast host.

5. Moe says:

@Ryker it’s not just his shoes… if you know what I’m saying. Hilden and John’s moms do… if you know what I’m saying.

Boys…I rarely read books, but even I know that “So long and thanks for all the fish” came from Douglas Adams, author of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” series…while Scott Adams writes the “Dilbert” comics. If you haven’t read “Hitchhiker’s Guide,” you really should. Relatively short read, and way better than that “Twilight” shit I know you’re reading instead…

What’s Moe saying?

8. tokengirlstfu says:

Nor babies. To Kinect babies are severed limbs.