RDR

Alright pardners (and Moe), I do believe that it is time for us to saddle up and hit the plains together in a DGR community playdate!  Let’s posse up as many of us as we can in a private server for some Red Dead Redemption Free Roam and Gang War action. The time I would like to propose for such a get together would be this coming Sunday eveing, June 13th, from 8:00 -10:00 CST.

Why Posse up?  Well after another great night of roaming the plains with Mitchi’s Outlaws, I was reminded about just how GREAT gaming has become since I virtually eliminated the D-bag factor.  Before joining the DGR and surrounding communities I would frequently find myself pulling my hair out (and trust me there isn’t much left these days) putting up with loud-mouthed kids or grievers who found great pleasure in ruining the online experience for us.  Those days are mostly gone, and while I do find myself getting into a public game every now and then, I vastly perfer gaming with the awesome people we have here, many of whom have become dear and good friends in real life.

We have a section with gamertags on the site, but with the influx of folks that have contributed lately, so it may not be a bad time to send the call out for folks to post their gamertags here and join in on the fun.  Hopefully PanicBot can then turn this information into a new up-to-date list of bad ass, drunk gamers!

I’ll start:

Xbox Live = Ryker XL

PSN = Ryker_XL

Steam = Ryker XL (Hey I see a pattern)

See you Sunday pardner!  Unless yer yella…

30 Responses to Time to Posse Up

1. MeatMan says:

Count me in. I’ve played multiplayer a couple times, but haven’t done a gang war yet.

XBL: MeatManGWJ

Steam: MeatManGWJ

Wait, what do you mean no D-Bag factor? Did you forget about Phenri lobbing dynamite at people? 😉

3. Destrin says:

Xbox Live = Destrin

I can’t make Sunday :( But add me anyway, can always do with more great people to play with!

4. ELewis17 says:

I should be able to make it. I know I threatened to add a few of you to my list sometime last week to play some RDR, but I’ve been busy. A bunch of Goodjers got together on Friday and it was a ton of fun.

XBL: Lockjaw GWJ

@Carrot, I wouldn’t necessarily classify Phneri as a D-bag…he is something truly unique…

6. I feel like I’m the only one who has this on PS3.

7. tokengirlstfu says:

I’m so there.
    XBL:alyak

8. fluffy_nuts says:

If the time zone works out for me (silly americans living in the past) i’ll be there

Gamertag: fluffy nuts24
    PSN: fluffy_nuts

9. IcemanFTW says:

I’ll try and saddle up. I haven’t touched the multi-player yet as I’ve been playing the hell out of the single player.

PSN – IcemanFTW

Just an update, tonights DGR RDR posse adventure was pretty freaking sweet. I have to admit that you feel really BAD ASS when you have 8 folks in a public posse doing missions together.

What I didn’t expect was how Grievers would team up and TRY to take us out. It added some spice to our quests and I must say it was an honor wiping these knuckleheads out! Mess with the Bull and you get the EFFING HORNS!

We also found the equivalent of the “Bus of Doom” for RDR; the canons in The Presidio. We had 8 peeps guarding that fort against the Mexican Army when yet again, some chuckleheads stormed the front gates. I smiled ear to ear as I heard Carrot or LockJaw quietly say, “I got this fool…”

Anyways, if you missed out, we are going to try again next Sunday at the same time; 8:00 CST. Hope to see some new faces there pardners.

11. MeatMan says:

Now THAT was what I had been waiting for in regards to RDR multiplayer – a full 8-person posse. It was a blast. Defending The Presidio was definitely the highlight, especially blowing up the grievers with cannon fire as soon as they spawned.

I’m willing to make this a weekly playdate if you guys are. Looking forward to next Sunday. Maybe tokengirl will be able to play for more than a half hour next time. :)

12. tokengirlstfu says:

sorry I had to bail on you guys my “friend” and I were “watching” True blood. I would love to make this a weekly playdate.

13. fluffy_nuts says:

sorry i missed it, i got home a 5:30 in the morning and slept through it, maybe next time

14. ELewis17 says:

Truly a kickass time gents!

By popular demand we are going to posse up again, this Sunday June 20th at 8:00 CST! Maybe we can get the Bandit hideouts in 24 hours achievement and costume. Unless the Presidio needs defending…

16. tokengirlstfu says:

I’m in and I’ll be playing with my brand new 360 slim. It’s sooo pretty and quiet. I’m calling her Linda

17. MeatMan says:

I’ll be there too. Hopefully we can get a full 8-person posse again. Regulators, mount up!

18. ELewis17 says:

I should be in. This’ll be the first year I get to pull the Father’s Day card to get out of any of my typical responsibilities :)

I might be in, unless I am passed out drunk from the ST Paul Beer festival. I will be drunk and useless in any case.

20. MeatMan says:

@Zinswin – This is DGR, so I would think that being intoxicated is not only welcomed, but *required*, yes?

21. deadward says:

I’m down for mounting up again, depending on how long I’m required to man the grill tonight.
    I need to get in there and score a new horse,I’m riding a skeleton horse right now…

Gonna be about 30 mins late as I have to take Tiny back to Bloomington. Save aspot if ya can pardners

23. tokengirlstfu says:

I’ll set up a server so that most people won’t have a problem getting in.

24. tokengirlstfu says:

had fun guys, kill those guys for me, eh?

@Tokengirl, We did for awhile, but sadly got outnumbered by the REST of the map! Oh yes, they HATE us, and they should… :) Was truly a pleasure riding the range with you my friend.

Next Sunday folks, we’ll do it again. Gang War this time

26. MeatMan says:

Just a reminder – the *FREE* co-op DLC (Outlaws to the End) releases tomorrow. You can have up to 4 people at a time, so we shouldn’t have any trouble setting up at least one group.

27. tokengirlstfu says:

Fuck YEA!

28. ELewis17 says:

I just came here to cross post that MeatMan, then I realized you were the one to post it…
    I’ll be home with a sick child tomorrow. If you see me online shoot me an invite. I’d like to try this and the Crackdown 2 demo that released today; which also has co-op.

29. tokengirlstfu says:

saddle up!!

30. MeatMan says:

Due to holiday festivities, I won’t be able to make posse up tonight. Shall we reschedule (Monday or Tuesday perhaps), or just wait until next Sunday?

I haven’t played any multiplayer since last week’s session, so I still need to do those 3 other co-op missions.