It’s the 2009 Daryl Awards! DGR picks their top 3 games of the year and awards the best the coveted Daryl Award! We also read your letters and pick the Listeners Choice Award!

DGR: 12.27.2009

8 Responses to Drunken Gamers Radio: 12.27.2009

1. Psyvariar says:

Yes, Demon’s Souls deserves all the praise and then some.

A game with near-zero marketing behind it, which isn’t multiplatform, by a forgotten developer that most of the gaming media previously hated on…

…has ended up with the strongest genuine positive word-of-mouth I’ve ever seen a videogame in its position receive. I almost never play any modern videogame for more than 12 hours total before shelving it, but I’ve already played 50 hours of Demon’s Souls and am still as excited about it now as on day one.

Andrich gave Demons Souls his game of the year on this week’s podcast. Is this the end of #suckitandrich ?

Glad to hear that Plants vs Zombies got some love too; it’s the only game to ever injure me from playing it so much (repetitive clicking stress).

As far as Zen pinball goes, from what I’ve played it seems okay, but I really have to give some late props to Williams Collection on PS3. I just got this for Christmas and what tables I have played so far feel “right.” They have done a good job replicating the physics so that while play is fast, it feels solid and anchored by gravity (and not the moon’s gravity, as in Pinball FX). The Collection series does a great job in getting you into the nuances of each game via the 5 challenges and detailed in-game instruction manual. For $30 I can’t recommend it highly enough.

3. For the past two days I haven’t been able to download this episode. It’s been crawling at 1.6 KB/s for me.

Anybody else having this problem? It downloaded fine for me.

It took a long time, but it downloaded overnight the day it came out.

6. I’m trying it again right now and it’s a little bit better.

7. BenFromOhio says:

It took almost 4 hours for itunes to download it… but if finally worked. my ipod couldnt get it direct, it would quit after a while so it had to be downloaded on my PC when i got home.

By the way/// what the hells up with New Super Mario Bros getting any respect in the top 3 list????

The simple answer? I loved NSMB, but it wasn’t in my top three favorite games of the year.

Alright guys, here’s the story on our server issues. We’re FINALLY switching servers, but can’t do it until March when our contract is up. We’ll be moving stuff between now and then, so the issues that plague the podcast d/l will be solved…hopefully.