It’s an episode of special guests this week and we’ve even managed to get an episode just under the two hour mark! We’re talking 7 Deaths in Namagachi and Space Ace for the iPhone this week. We’ve also got a very special guest, that old time podcast listeners will appreciate, to help us talk about Ghostbusters for the 360 and the Wii!

Sean Andrich from Gamers with Jobs.com joins us on this week’s 5 Things segment and brings some much needed class to the show. Also, you’ll get to hear Hilden go from obnoxiously drunk to sort of drunk right back to obnoxiously drunk all in this mind bending, drunken time-traveling episode of DGR!

Thanks for listening!

iPhone Review: 7 Deaths in Nagamachi
iPhone Review: Space Ace
360/Wii Review: Ghostbusters with Special Guest!
Retro Review: Mick and Mack as the Global Gladiators (Genesis)
Our Feature Presentation: Ray Parker Jr: Then and Now
Five Things with Special Guest Shawn Andrich-Gamers with Jobs
The Last Shot
DGR Mailbag

DGR: 06.19.2009

32 Responses to Drunken Gamers Radio: 06.19.2009

Two Words: Chuck Wagon.

Three Words: OBNOXIOUSLY drunk Hilden. Or ODH if you will.

3. Mitch says:

I’m listening to the intro, and I hope to hell the special guest is Ross Erickson. He is, without a doubt, one of the coolest guests you guys have had. I mean that sincerely. Sure he’s just another Activision suit, (I kid, I kid) but damn is he fun to listen to.

4. M.C. says:

Goodbye, guys. I wish you all the best.

5. Aaron "Lag" Sawatzky says:

I wish you the best MC

6. Aaron "Lag" Sawatzky says:

HOLY SHIT! Guest Reveal is EPIC. just WOW. old TF Forum members, LISTEN TO THIS EP

7. Mitch says:

Isn’t this the tenth time or so that MC has “stopped” listening to the podcast?

@MC: Goodbye again, man. See you in a couple months.

9. Aaron "Lag" Sawatzky says:

I have to say the first third to first half of the feature presentation was good, but it just went down hill from there. :-p

10. badbad_leroybrown says:

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

That was awesome. He’s gonna start posting here right? I KNOW YOU’RE READING THIS.

I heard he likes Robots.

Well Hilden, don’t feel too badly about your triple shot. Savory just sent me a text message reminding me of that shit-ass Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, about which there were three video games made in 2002 and beyond. I forgot about that shitty spinoff, so therefore I have to take my medicine on the next episode.

13. Lard says:

I didn’t realise that the Pro 360 has no wireless. I almost bought one on Wednesday.

Also, GWJs is a great podcast as well.

What…the…hell…?

“Fornication is wrong. But the urge was just too strong. I had sex.”

Now, not only did he think of those lyrics, but then he wrote them down. Then after he wrote them down he thought, “This works for a song.” And then he took it to the recording studio and sang them. Now, there are at least three people who should be arrested: 1) Ray Parker Jr. for conceiving of the idea. 2) The recording engineer for not turning off the tape and smacking Mr. Parker Jr. 3) Whomever at the record label was responsible for green-lighting the song for release.

There is a potential 4th person: Hilden. How the hell did you know about this song? Is it in your personal collection? WTF?

15. I agree that the Xbox 360 is WAY more EXPENSIVE than the PS3 because the Xbox 360 has more games on it right now and those games cost MONEY!!!!!! Have you seen Xbox Live ARCADE????? It has A LOT of games that are POPULAR among the gaming community!!!! THEREFORE in order to ENJOY!!! A Xbox 360 to it’s MAXIMUM you need to spend$60 to $100 a MONTH!!!! Why has NO ONE taken that into account????!!

AND HE IS BACK, YO!

16. Capn Rawkenschpiel says:

I haven’t heard the episode yet, (can’t at work for fear that the “colorful” language will be heard) but I’m looking forward to it! Thanks again to John for inviting me on. It was great chatting with you guys again, especially about Ghostbusters. I’m excited and scared to hear the Feature Presentation, but I’m sure Hilden did a great job with it!

And hello again to all you old school Team Fremont forum members.

@Capn: Welcome back. Glad to have you around here.

@Rusty: I love you.

@John: My wife heard this song in a restaurant bathroom. When it got to the exact lyrics you are referencing she lost her shit. She came home and told me about it and that’s how I heard it. We dug around until we found it and low and behold: it was Ray Parker Jr. No, I don’t go around listening to this crap in my spare time. The music is ripped off from the interwebz.

18. Capn Rawkenschpiel says:

You mean you don’t go around listening to the Ghostbusters II soundtrack, Poison, and Motley Crue when you drive around the Twin Cities? I hear that’s what they do in Beaver Dam.

That’s what I do in Beaver Dam. Don’t forget Slayer.

20. electricbath says:

yo, Space Ace DID come out after Dragon’s Lair.
    now…remember Braindead 13?

21. Mitch says:

I’m so glad he found the bread crumb trail home.

22. MikeOHara says:

holy fucking shit, the Cap’n is back! :O

23. D.J.I. says:

Andrich, you a canadian ambassador, mang. ‘Respect.
    By golly I’ll accept your plug and visit your forums-…-again.

Good times, Rawkenschpiel. Welcome.

I dug the f.presentation. haha what awful lyrics.
    When M.C. quits, I know it’s gonna be a funny episode. Outstanding work!

24. Destrin says:

360 wireless adapter: $99
    5m Cat5e Ethernet cable: $2.99

I don’t understand people moaning about the wireless issue – running a cable is really not a lot of work and you get much better performance out of the connection anyway, plus you are less susceptible to atmospherics. Or irradiating your brain.

On the road and still recovering from my ass whooping, but what I have heard of the show is awesome. Funny how other shows go into the duldrums and this one gets better. :)

I’m a huge Ghostbusters fan myself, and very excited for the new reboot of that series. It was sad when Universal Studios got rid of the GhostBusters event and put “Twister” in its place. Twister, Cmon man…how disappointing. Now we get very effeminent Ghostbusters driving around in Ecto one and acting like The New Kids on the Block …YECH! I’ll be renting this game for pure nostalgia of it…. :)

I think your right on the PS3 discussion, most consumers only think of the innitial investment, we all do that. It’s why I do hope they retool the PS3 for lower entry point and even work on the PSPGO cuz I’m sorry $250 is just too expensive, at least for me it is… Fool me once shame on me…fool me twice….well….well we won’t get fool again that’s what!

26. Wolf-Bot says:

I love it when you guys are so drunk that you start to ramble on. You need to start drinking a few hours before you start any show.

Just heard the GWJ podcast with your Ghostbusters review even though it was pretty much the same as what you said this show it still made me laugh.

What is the Deal with M.C. dont really get it.

I know that I have not been around that long on R.P. but having the Capn on as the Ghostbusters fan was a nice change of pace.

I almost ripped my headphones off while the Ray Park song was playing, but the hemorraging in my brain was paralyzing my gross motor control — I could only twitch my left eyelid while it was playing.

Great show. It made the 6 hour wait at the car dealers much less painful. And I’m a big fan of 2 hour + shows.

By the way, follow me on twitter, I’m important damnit John.

Consider yourself followed.

I’ll consider it.

31. Santa Faust says:

When are you folks going to arriving at the conclusion that The GOAT Store fucking hates your guts? Sure, they act all chummy with ya but then they send you awful shit that they don’t even sell on their website? They’re literally going out of their way to punish you. If that ain’t spite I don’t know what is…